Once the shock of reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the fifth time in a row wears off, some readers may be wondering what they can read next. So why not start a meme of suggestions? So here are the rules:
2. These three book must NOT already be on the list so far. They must be fantasy or science fictional in nature that those who enjoyed Harry Potter may also enjoy. You must provide your name and a link to your blog and/or website so that people may contact you to ask for more information about the books, if they want. They must be books that you have actually read yourself.
3. You cannot recommend a series; instead, recommend the first book in the series. Terry Pratchett’s Discworld would NOT be considered a series; but Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time would. Use your best judgment about whether you’re recommending a series or not.
4. You must label the books as either YA (young adult, suitable for the younger fans of Harry Potter) or A (adult, suitable for the not-so-younger fans of Harry Potter). Please be clear about this. It will be understood that anything labelled YA is also recommended for A.
5. If you are an author, you CANNOT recommend your own books. (You can however hound your friends into recommending your books.)
6. Providing a link to information about the books you are recommending is optional.
And here’s the list so far:
(All books that are, one way or another, about learning magic.)